Pores are tiny openings on the surface of the skin through which oil and sweat reach the surface to keep the skin hydrated and lubricated. Pores are actually the openings of hair follicles and are more noticeable on parts of the face like the forehead, nose and back. The size of the pores depends primarily on the genes and skin type. Skin problems can often result from enlarged (open) and clogged pores which trap oil, dirt and dead skin cells resulting in acne.
What Causes Pores?
- Genetics : Genes play an important role in people who have open pores. If parents have open pores there is a high probability for the individual to inherit the same.
- Excessive oil secretion : Sebaceous glands produce the body’s natural oil called sebum which moisturises the skin. Sometimes these glands produce excessive oil which lead to the swelling of the pores and ultimately resulting in acne.
- Excessive sweat : Excessive sweating requires a larger opening to release all the sweat making the pores look larger.
- Aging : Aging also plays a major role in pore size as the skin loses its elasticity due to weakened collagen. When collagen breaks down the pores relax and expand more resulting in open pores.
- Sun exposure : UV rays break down collagen and gives an older look to the skin. Overexposure to sun damages and irritates the skin cells and magnifies the pores.
- Clogged pores : Excess amount of dead cells and skin oils gather in the pores making the pores look larger than normal.
Here at Isya Aesthetics, we are known for having the best treatments for enlarged pores. Our clinic is renowned for being the top laser centre in India, and our treatment options are many! Click on the thumbnails below to learn more about our US FDA Approved therapies so you can be pore-fect!