11 Home Remedies To Combat Under Eye Dark Circles
Dark under eye circles are a common issue in both men and women. Several reasons include disturbed lifestyle, lack of sleep, stress, hormonal changes, and hereditary issues. If left untreated, they may dull your overall appearance and even cause severe health problems.
One of the leading beauty experts and advisors on Times of India suggests 11 home remedies to combat dark circles. It should, however, be kept in mind that many home remedies may help reduce the appearance of dark circles, but only help from a dermatologist typically gives maximum results.
Lets read about 11 homely tricks to get rid of dark circles in two days:
- Cold Milk- use chilled milk from your refrigerator and apply it daily underneath your eyes. Use a cotton ball, soak it in cold milk and cover the entire eye lid and under eye with it with attention to the affected area. You may also use ice water instead of cold milk for the same effect. Remove the cotton after some time and wash your eyes with cold water.
- Orange juice- Another effective home remedy is to use orange juice with a few drops of glycerine and apply under your eyes. It not only effectively removes dark circles, but also brings a natural glow to your skin.
- Grated potatoes- Potatoes work wonders in removing dark circles in just a week. You start by soaking a cotton ball in potato juice and using the same to cover your eyes. Make sure that the entire region of the dark circles underneath your eyes gets fully covered. After 10 minutes, wash your eyes with cold water.
- Almond oil- Packed with vitamin E, almond oil acts as an emollient that helps make your skin supple. Apply the oil on the dark circle area and massage gently. Leave it overnight and wash it off. Continue the process for seven days and see the effective results.
- Rose water- Research says rose water works wonders for the skin. Simply soak a cotton ball in rose water and place it on the dark circles. After 15 minutes, wash it off with cold water. Repeat the process for every night for a week and you can see the results soon. Rose water helps to rejuvenate your skin and makes it look absolutely fresh.
- Mint leaves- Mint leaves are said to have refreshing qualities and a lovely smell. Form a paste by crushing mint leaves with water and smear it under your eyes on the dark circle area. After 10 minutes, wash it off with cold water. If you can practice the process every night for a week, you will soon see the results.
- Buttermilk paste- Make a mix of buttermilk and turmeric powder and apply the paste on your dark circles. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Cucumbers- Cut a few slices of cucumber and place the same in your refrigerator. Take out the cold sliced cucumber and place over your eyes. After 10 minutes, remove and wash your face with cold water. Your eyes will feel fresh instantly.
- Cold tea bags- Using cold bags can bring a considerable difference to your dark circles. Take two tea bags and soak them in water. Place them in your refrigerator and then use the cold tea bags on your eyes. This is, indeed, a great remedy to fade dark circles.
- Tomatoes- Tomatoes are said to rule out dark circles from within. You need to mix a teaspoon of tomato juice with lemon juice and apply the mixture beneath your eyes. Wash it off after 10 minutes. Make sure you repeat the process at enhance the effects.
- Yoga practice and meditation- While there are umpteen ways to remove dark circles using kitchen formulas; you can also achieve miraculous results through meditation and yoga. After all, a hectic lifestyle, stress and depression have negative effects on your appearance and may lead to forming dark circles under the eyes. Meditation and yoga, if practiced regularly, can decrease dark circles by calming your soul, body and mind.